Golf Swing, 6 iron, FO and DTL 10/20/2008

Thursday, May 31, 2007

First Round Report

Well, first round is over and now it's time to report. I shot 72, I hit 17 greens, 12/14 fairways (the new Pro S Driver seems to be working fine!) and had 35 putts. Now, before anything I would like to say that I didn't putt all that bad. I had 4 horrible lipouts and one normal lipout, so that accounts for most of the putts, besides, I hit some greens on the wrong side (testing those pesky downhill putts I was talking about yesterday) and of course it was hard to two-putt. But I'm nothing but encouraged by this start. I'm rolling my putts well, I'm striking the ball awesome and its a matter of time before I get a good round going and even a good tournament going!

Now about the course. Unfortunately, last night it rained ALL night, so the course was completely soaked. My worries about having mud on the ball were dissipated after I found out that the first round would be playing with lift-clean-and-place rule. The fairways are pretty wet and its all carry with your driver. The greens are in ok shape, they have some brown spots, but I'm not sure why. It seems that they tried to get them fast too soon and scalped them. But it still they roll fine.

I play at 9:30 tomorrow, again with Rodrigo, who didn't have a great round today. He shot 74 (+2).

I'm ready for a good round tomorrow... I hope it doesn't rain tonight!

No comments: