Golf Swing, 6 iron, FO and DTL 10/20/2008

Friday, June 8, 2007

Week Off Update!

Well, I've had a lot of rest this week, and I'm also nursing a bad wrist and a bit of a cold (long lasting cold, since I've had it for over 2 weeks now). I took monday and tuesday off to rest and recover from last weeks tournament travel. Wednesday I practiced for a few hours and had some friendly bets going on the putting green with some kids from the course I play at. It was pretty nice and is great putting practice.

I played today (thursday) at Club El Rincon, where the Colombian Open will be held in 4 weeks. The course will be playing really hard. The rough is long, thick and fluffy. Its almost impossible to hit the ball out if you get a bad lie. I played the white tees today, since they are protecting the tournament tees and I had a good day. I hit 15 greens, I had 28 putts for a 67 (-5). It was almost like a mini tournament, since we had 16 guys, mostly touring pros from down here. I came in first by 2 strokes and it was a great confidence booster for the upcoming 4 tournaments.

On friday, I played well again. I shot 66 on another money game with some pros, which I beat again! Saturday I shot a 71, raising my total to -12 in 3 rounds, which is great for the upcoming tournaments. Sunday all the weeks work got to me, and I played an ok round, but I still feel like I have my A game for these coming tournaments. I travel tomorrow and I will be out of town for 3 weeks. I'm not sure how easy it will be to post, but I will do my best. You can check scores at www.fedegolfcolombia.com and look for "Ibague", "Armenia" and "Pereira" which are the tournaments I will be playing in.

Now, I'm ready for tournament play!
Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really nice blog with great photos.

Great round today with the 66, too!

Here is the scorecard for those that want check it out:

http://www.mygolfdomain.com/member.php?member=1964&which=view_round&round=4349

Here are more scores:

http://www.mygolfdomain.com/going_on.php?member=1964&which=scores

I'll add a link to your blog at MGD.

Good luck in the tournaments!

- Jim