Golf Swing, 6 iron, FO and DTL 10/20/2008

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ready for the First Round...

Well, I've played 2 rounds at the Manizales course and it is a pretty nice layout... It is a short course, where you can hit a bunch of drives. It is pretty wet (we are in the middle of the rain season down here). The ball is picking up a lot of mud, which is a pain, because it affects the flight of the ball and it is very hard to measure how much. On the other hand, the course will play a little easier with wet fairways, since they are very undulated and have some runoffs towards out of bounds and hazards. It is a short course, I believe it plays around 6,600 yds. The greens are protected by a bermuda collar which is around 3-4 inches long, penalizing errant shots, good thing I played in bermuda grass last week!
The greens are bermuda also, but they are not in very good shape, I would say they are in ok shape. Some are flat, but most of them have a lot of movement to them, and they are lighting fast going downhill.
My tee off time tomorrow is at 9:20am and I will be playing with Rodrigo Castañeda, who is ranked 6th on the money list this year.
I'm looking forward to playing tournaments again and I feel good about my game! I will try to write after my round tomorrow! Cheers!

No comments: