Golf Swing, 6 iron, FO and DTL 10/20/2008

Monday, November 26, 2007

Time Off!!

After my Win, I traveled to Cali, to play 2 tournaments... I was supposed to catch my flight right after my final round at the Nogal Open, but unfortunately I had a problem with my car leaving the golf course and I missed my flight. I had to fly the next morning, giving me no time to relax before teeing off. It was a Pro-Am tournament, and I was very tired to play well... It was a fun tournament, specially the Alternate shot day.
The week after, I played the Shalom Open. Shalom is a short 9-hole course, but is VERY tight. I think is the tightest course I have ever played! If you are stripping your shots, you can go low there, but as easy you can shoot over par. I shot 76-74 and missed the cut, only the third one this season.
Following my Cali trip, I took some much needed time off, about 2 weeks. I needed it to recharge my batteries for December, which is again heavy with tournaments. I leave 1 week from today for the Colombian Master (Dec. 6-9), then Caujaral Open (Dec. 13-16) both in Barranquilla, and the National Match Play tournament, hosted by the Colombian PGA (Dec. 19-23).
I've been working on my swing this past few weeks, with great improvement! I think my Coach nailed it with a little drill to work on my shoulder plane, which was slightly off on the top of the backswing. I've been hitting the ball really well with my short irons. I will try to tape my swing this week and post it.
Also, I'm having a little equipment change for this tournament. Usually, I play the New Cobra Pro S or D, but for Barranquilla (Sea level, lots of wind in December) I will be going back to my Cobra 400 Tour 8.5* Vista Pro shaft. I hit that really low and with low spin, so is perfect for a windy day.
I will try to keep you updated about my tournaments!!

2 comments:

Kiwi said...

Good luck for December Juan. we'll keeping an eye on ya over socialgolfers.com watching your scores. Look forward to seeing you with a winners cheque and trophy again soon

Anonymous said...

Juan,

So exciting to be able to keep track with what's going on in your life through this blog. Congratulations on all of your success - I'm so proud of you.

Shoot me an e-mail sometime! :)