Golf Swing, 6 iron, FO and DTL 10/20/2008

Monday, September 29, 2008

Summer Recap

After my Europe trip, I returned to action in Venezuela, for the Tres Diamantes Open, from TLA. I played ok, didn't score well and finished 16th, after they cancelled the final round. Then I traveled to Manizales Open, where I finished 4th with -12 (68-69-68-71).
I went to Brazil, for a tournament of the Mercedez Champions tour, finishing 14th with +3 in the Itaghanga Golf Club of Rio de Janeiro.
It was back to the Colombian Tour, with the Cafetero strech coming back. It's a series of tournaments during the summer that are close together to travel. After Brazil, I was able to put in a solid week finishing 6th (69-73-71-66=-1) in the Armenia Open (event I won as an Amateur) and the week after I had a really disappointing week in Pereira, where I shot 75-67-70-74=+2. I had my game dialled in that week, I just couldn't score.
Right before the Colombian Open was the Militar Open. There were 85 pros, with only 15 plus ties making it to the weekend. I shot 71-70=-3 and missed the cut by 2 strokes. I played solid, just make some minor mistakes and ended up missing the cut.
At the Colombian Open, we found a course with a really hard setup. Firm greens, long rough and small fairways. The course suffered a lot because of excesive rain, so we had to play with lift-clean-and-place on the fairway. I shot 71-69-71-72=+3 and finished T9th, finishing top-10 for the second year in a row.
After the Colombian Open, I've played 7 tournaments in a row, with only 2 worth mentioning. I finished 4th at LlanoGrande Open, with a score of -8 (70-70-71-69) and a 12th place at the TLA Venezuela Open, with scores of 69-66-73-70=-2.
I'm nursing a bad left wrist, looking forward to my fall events, which are relly exciting!!

No comments: