Golf Swing, 6 iron, FO and DTL 10/20/2008

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ibague Preview!

I called last week to find out about the condition of the course, and they said that the course it had been closed for over 3 weeks!!! The course was completly soaked by many rain showers and the ground was too soft to mow. The fairways were about 4 inches long and the rough was even longer! They mowed Saturday and Sunday with a weedeater and they were able to mow on monday with the regular equipement. I played 9 holes yesterday, and to my surprise, the course is playing firm and fast!!!
They had 3 days of sunshine and the course back to its normal condition. The fairways and greens are bermuda grass and the rough is a native grass, pretty thick. The fairways are still a little on the fluffy side, but they are very playable. You might get the occasional flyer, but its the norm on the longish bermuda.
I played the Pro-Am today and shot a solid 67 (-4). I had 2 eagles, 2 birdies, 2 bogeys and 12 pars. I played solid all day and I only had some problems with the sand... Its pretty tough to hit the ball close from the greenside bunkers. The thick sand and firm greens make it pretty tough.
It's been hot the past 2 days (i would say around 90-95) and I have a late tee time tomorrow. I tee off around noon.
I feel good coming into this week and my game is pretty solid right now, all I have to do is let it flow!
I will report tomorrow!

No comments: