Golf Swing, 6 iron, FO and DTL 10/20/2008

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ibague Weekend Review

I had some problems getting into a computer to update my blog. I made the cut for the weekend, and I was in 18th place. Only top-15 got money on this tournament. Saturday was another though round. My short game was there, but wasn't sharp or wasn't working the way I was visualizing the shots. The greens were really firm, so hitting the ball close was a challenge, and the fringe/fairways were bumpy and slow. Though combination. I shot 76 (+5) and fell 1 spot to 19th, 4 shots out of the money.

Sunday was frustrating on the front nine. I FINALLY par No. 1, which felt like a birdie (after 4 straight bogeys on that hole). I pared No. 2, the hard par 3, which pretty much had my round going, but after a OB pull-hook on No. 3 I was again over par (+2) on No. 4 tee box. I pared out from there to finish at +2 for the front nine. The back nine was a completely different story!! I'll make it short. I had 4 sand saves for par, one up and down for bogey, one for par and 3 birdies, for a nice -2 on the back, with 9 PUTTS!!! I finished with birdie on 16 and 18 to get 15th place, right in the money!
Here are the results: http://www.federacioncolombianadegolf.com/noticia.php?nt=20089

I felt pretty good after that round, it was very satisfying to have a good round when I really needed it. Now is off to Armenia Open, which starts tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was really amazing with the 9 putts and 4 sand saves on the final nine to get in the money!

Here is the scorecard and stats for those that would like to check it out.

http://www.mygolfdomain.com/member.php?member=1964&which=view_round&round=4415

Congrats again on the tournament.