Golf Swing, 6 iron, FO and DTL 10/20/2008

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Two Rounds Report

Well, first things first, I made it to the weekend. Not in the way I wanted, but I have 36 more holes to play and improve.

First round I shot -1, 70 (39-31). I started on Hole 1 with a bogey, then proceeded to bogey the third hole and the seventh hole for a +3 on the front. Then I birdied 11, 12, 15 and 18 for -4 on the back. I was in fourth place after the 2 rounds, 6 strokes back. I played with a local pro, with colombian Golf leyend Eduardo Herrera and again with Rodrigo Castañeda. All of them shot under par in the front 9 and I ended up beating them for the round. The pins were mostly on the fron of the green and tucked behind bunkers and hills, which made for difficult scoring conditions. I thinkI was a little nervous at first, but then I settled down and started making some birdies. It was a good round, I was 6 back of first, 3 back of second and 1 back of third.

Second round didn't go so well. I started again on short No. 1 with bogey, then birdied hard par 3 No. 2, then bogeyed 3 and 4, birdied No. 6 for a +1 and I though that the round was on its way, since the first few holes are the harder ones. I bogeyed 8 and 9 for a +3 again on the front. The back wasn't any better. I had 2 bogeys and a double for a +4, +7 78 for the round and +6 for the tournament. I dropped 14 spots to No. 18 and made the cut by 2 strokes.

I tee of at 11:55am today. It's moving day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck Sunday in the final round! :o)

- Jim at MGD